Crayons & Cuties in Kindergarten Home About Me My Classroom My Shop Image Map










Sunday, August 16, 2015

Magic Confetti!

If you follow my Facebook page you know that I have been trying real hard this summer to share ideas I have found on Pinterest- and other teacher blogs- to help making back-to-school a bit easier and more exciting!

During one of my Pinterest browsing sessions marathons, I came across pins for 'Magic Confetti!'


There were several versions and not one poem was exactly the same, but they each followed the same idea.
I KNEW it was something I wanted to try out for the upcoming school year!

I do not know who the original creator of 'Magic Confetti' is, or who wrote the poem, so I cannot grant proper thanks an acknowledgement, but that somebody had a real cute idea...so whoever you are...THANKS!

I had an excuse went to Michaels and got all that I needed:
*glitter cardstock
*fancy punchers
*jewelry bags
*washi tape

I could have just bought confetti, but I was not too keen on the itty bitty tiny stars and such that would've made my soon-to-be-new-parents despise me before they even met me! 

Scrapbook paper packs happened to be on sale that day (WHOOO HOOO!) so I bought the 'big pack' (I only used one of each color, so I have A LOT of glitter cardstock left for the year!) 

And then the 'fun' began...endless punching! 
(I did try to think of how I could use these scraps, but did wind up throwing them- I know I will think of something and wish I had saved them!)

After I had a nice bowl of confetti, I started putting it in the bags (TEDIOUS!):
I chose to use 2x3 jewelry bags so that they could be neatly taped to the card, but a snack size ziploc would work too!

Now to make the 'card!'
I used the majority of the wording from the ones I found on Pinterest, but changed it slightly (the last line) and then printed them out.
I chose to trim the white edges, but that is not necessary if you are in a rush:

And then cut each into 2:
I have been secretly dying for an excuse to buy and try washi tape!  I first used it to make these fun bulletin board 'tacks' after seeing Stories and Songs In Second post a picture of hers on Instagram!

But then decided I would use it to tape the confetti into the card to make it more colorful and fun!

This is what the front/back of the card looks like (I just covered up my contact information!): 

So now I have 25 all ready to be mailed out...once I get my class list that is! 

I chose to put some info on the back, but it could also be used with a plain back: 

Now for a confession!!!
My boys saw me punching out the confetti and wanted to know what it was.  I told them- but then thought- AHHH- what if their teacher sends them some too!  So I quickly added to my story that I needed to send the confetti to the 'Magic School Fairy' (I may have used Wizard) who would make it magical.  S/he would then send it back to me to give to the kids!
Phew...UNTIL...

'Will the fairy/wizard give us some?'

AHHH...

'Well, of course s/he would!'

So....here are the cards for my boys!  They don't start school until 9/1, so I have some time before I have to lay it out (with a trail of magic dust too, I suppose!) for them! 

I couldn't have it come from their teacher because:
1. I don't have their teacher assignments yet
2. What if their teacher gives them some too- that would be weird
3. They are SURE to say something about it in school!

I also made a pack for our neighbor who starts kindergarten too!

So...after all that 'tweaking' of the poem, I figured I might as well have it get some use!
So...
Here is an editable version for you to download for FREE!

It has the 'kindergarten' version just like I used (with back).  Just click the text boxes to add your name and information!

It also has a 'general' grade version (with back)- do same as above to edit!

AND...there is one for general grade from the famous 'Magic School Fairy' with a blank back!

You can make your own confetti like I did, or choose to buy confetti from a party store!

You will also know my version includes a disclaimer!  If parents are not comfy with their kids 'dumping the bag' under the pillow, it says it works just the same from the bag- either under their pillow or from their table/dresser!

Enjoy...and best wishes for a wonderful school year!

Until next post,
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Adding personalized touches to confetti makes the gesture even more unique and thoughtful. It’s a good thing that you decided not to use tiny stars like everybody else, but instead opted for something nice and attractive which shows the real concern you have about making a good impression on your new parents.

    Speaking of such considerations, in a city like San Francisco where every detail counts, one needs to have a reliable service that deals with motorcycle towing san francisco for easy navigation around the urban spaces. Just as carefully selected elements have been included in the Magic Confetti that is inside your box , it is imperative to have dependable resources whether one is starting out on the streets or in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brilliant teacher because you are doing so many efforts in training the children. These are the best way to make children learn new things. I kid is ten years old and still I avoid giving him mobile phone. Especially from him, I got a full sized projector from Awol vision coupons code, on which we do our animated film night once a week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...