Thursday, January 2, 2014

Starting Off the New Year With a 'High Five' and on the 'Right Foot!'

I saw an idea on Pinterest to take the hand of each person in your family (if you have 4 members) and placing them on a paper and then writing the year across the hands...but I knew my hubby would never go for his hand dipped in paint, so I modified it a bit so that each year my boys will have a keepsake- or for as long as their feet fit on the paper!

So here is our first project of 2014!


This could be done in your classroom, as well- and you could do just the hands- put '20' in one hand and '14' in the other to make it less messy...and work!



I had my boys write their name (the pictures above show before and after filled in) and then I filled in the answers to the questions!  I can't wait to pull these out each year and look at how their hands/feet change- as well as their interests!

Want to give it a try with your class/own kids?  Here are the labels!  Just print on a sheet of 2x4 shipping labels (or print on paper and then cut/glue to the paper) after the paint dries and you are all set!


Have fun- I'd love to hear how your projects come out!

*************
To find the 2015 download and project, please visit this post:


******************************
Find the 2016 labels here:
******************************

******************************
Find the 2017 labels here:
******************************

post signature

14 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Could you please make one for January 2015 so I may print and implement in my classroom? Thx so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the post with links for 2015! http://crayonsandcutiesinkindergarten.blogspot.com/2014/12/it-is-time-to-ring-in-new-year-with-our.html
      Thanks and Happy New Year!
      Jenn

      Delete
  2. Hello! Is there a way to get the 5 for 2015 in the same font? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the post with links for 2015! http://crayonsandcutiesinkindergarten.blogspot.com/2014/12/it-is-time-to-ring-in-new-year-with-our.html
      Thanks and Happy New Year!
      Jenn

      Delete
  3. Would also love to get this for 2015 if possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the post with links for 2015! http://crayonsandcutiesinkindergarten.blogspot.com/2014/12/it-is-time-to-ring-in-new-year-with-our.html
      Thanks and Happy New Year!
      Jenn

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to find out the best kind of paint to use for this type of project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use basic acrylic paint...the cheap kind you can purchase in craft stores for about $1!

      Delete
  6. I just want to say thank you so much for keep updating this every year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome...and now updated for 2017!

      Delete
  7. Will you be updating for 2017??? I love this project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Here it is! https://www.dropbox.com/s/fydf1niogu7bmmt/2017%20hand%20foot%20labels.pdf?dl=0
      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...