Crayons & Cuties in Kindergarten Home About Me My Classroom My Shop Image Map










Friday, December 13, 2013

Rounding Out the Week...and Preparing for the Week Before Vacation!

And the countdown begins...5 more days and then vacation!  My kinders are beyond the moon excited about Christmas!  We have an exciting week ahead...
Kindergarten Concert
Cookies for Santa Plate Making Party
Polar Express Day

So, how am I going to channel some of that energy?  I borrowed an idea from Rowdy In Room 300!  She has a tree for each table and they need to earn ornaments on it by the week's end!  My trees are all set and the ornaments are eagerly awaiting!

And then there's Jolly Candy Cane!
He does seem to hold some power! 

 On Monday my kinders will find him front and center!


We practiced number ordering 1-10 and made these festive strings of lights that decorated our Eno Board- and I guess Jolly Candy Cane took it as his cue to go check it out!  He is holding bags of chocolate coins for good listeners!  I think they will get a kick out of the fact that Jolly got into a basket of plastic letters and went to town spelling some fun holiday words/phrases!

Today was all about our families at Christmas!  We charted what we do with our families


and then read My Family At Christmas to practice reading with 1:1 correspondence, sight word ID, matching the pictures to words, etc!


And continued in Writers Workshop!  We started books about what our families do at Christmas!  I am so impressed with these independent writers!!


 My Family Christmas Pg 1 I get my Christmas tree Pg 2 We have hot chocolate Pg 3 We get presents






I Love Christmas Fun Pg 1 I decorate my tree.  Pg 2 I have a ornament. Pg 3 At Christmas I have fun!


This Is The Christmas Day and Winter Day Pg. 1 We get a tree.  Pgs 2-3 not pictured
I am certain these will become books that families will cherish for years!



So before I left, besides getting Jolly Candy Cane all situated, I hid 10 elf cards around the room!  One of our math centers comes from Differentiation Station Creations!  She has this adorable Freebie for math- count and write the room (click the picture for the link).  I will be providing my 'scout elves' with magnifying glasses for added effect!  Be sure to come back to see pictures of us 'in action!'




Can you spot the elves??


I also purchased a set of stocking from the dollar store so that we can play 'Stocking Stuffers!'  
I know my kids are going to love that center!


We'll be finishing up our gifts, prepping for our sing and getting all ready for a week of learning mixed with an equal serving of laughter, fun and excitement!


The 13 Days of Christmas Blog Hop will be taking a 'day of silence' in respect and remembrance of the precious angels and courageous teachers & administrators whose lives were taken way to early last December 14th.  On Sunday we will post for both Day 6 and Day 7.
As educators, we remember and honor our fallen colleagues and their students from Sandy Hook School.  We honor them each day in our classrooms in which we continue their dream of teaching our children.  We honor their memory with our service.  Join with teachers everywhere in committing random acts of kindness to show our love for Sandy Hook.
post signature











1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Thanks for sharing with us. I want to share information about the Hybrid app development company in Pune. The competitive landscape in Pune's hybrid app development sector is characterized by innovation and quality. Companies distinguish themselves by offering unique solutions and staying ahead in the dynamic app development environment. They navigate challenges to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality hybrid applications.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...